$$$ GOLDEN STATE STIMULUS $$$  Learn more 

Tax Assistance

File your taxes for free.
Get the assistance you need.
MyFreeTaxes helps people file their federal and state taxes for free.
myfreetaxes photo.png

Need Assistance? Have questions? We may be able to help. Click on the link below to answer a few simple questions so that we can better assist you.

The link a above with take you to a quick questionnaire that will be delivered to ATCAA Tax Preparation volunteers. We'll ask for your contact information and a few questions about your tax situation.

More ways to file free on your own:


If you didn’t get the full Economic Impact Payment, you may be eligible to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit

If you didn’t get any payments or got less than the full amounts, you may qualify for the credit to get your money, even if you don’t normally file taxes. See Recovery Rebate Credit for more information.


Go to BANK ON, whose goal is to ensure that everyone has access to a safe and affordable bank or credit union account. These low-cost, no-overdraft, no-surprise-fee accounts can help you claim your refund, stimulus or other payments.

What you'll need for tax preparation.

Download the checklist


-Valid Photo ID for taxpayer and spouse.


-Valid Social Security Cards or ITIN #'s for taxpayer, spouse, and dependents. (Acceptable substitutes are a letter from the Social Security Administration, form SSA-1099 or Medicare card that includes the letter "A" after the SSN.


-Birth dates for self, spouse and dependents


-All income statements: W-2, 1099’s, Social Security Benefits statements, etc.


-Any Interest and dividend statements from banks (form 1099).


-A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available.


-Bank routing numbers and account numbers for direct deposit if there is a refund.


-Statement from & Tax ID# from childcare provider. 


-Total paid for daycare (if applicable) and the daycare provider’s identifying number.

-Proof of Medical Insurance form 1095-A, 1095-B or 1095-C.


-Other income/expense information if applicable (e.g. Tuition Credit, Form 1098-T, Student Loan Interest form 1098-E. Tip, gambling, lottery or other income. Retirement income or payments from pensions. Self-employment income/expenses.





earned income TAX CREDIT

Earn more than $1 and less than 30k in 2020? Work for an employer or work for yourself?  You may be eligible for the cash-back California Earned Income Tax Credit
NEW! ITIN fliers are now eligible. File free and claim your credit today.
CA_EITC_Get it.png

Our VITA services are seasonal and volunteer-driven. At times, we may not have enough volunteers to assist everyone. If you need tax assistance during the off-season, or sooner than we can help, in addition to online sites, there are in-person locations in the Central Valley that may be able to assist you. Call  800-500-4931 for locations and information.