top of page


Our Home Energy Program provides low-income residents of Amador, Calaveras and Tuolumne counties with utility bill pay assistance, energy saving home improvements such as weather stripping, insulation and appliances, as well as education on reducing energy costs and budget counseling. Our Department may also be able to help you with your water bill.

For Emergency Energy Bill Help, Call



Income Guidelines

The income ranges below represent guidelines, not guarantees.  For information, please contact our ATCAA Energy Intake Specialists.

Income Guidelines



  • One client household up to $2,700.17

  • Two client household up to $3,531.00

  • Three client household  up to $4,361.83

  • Four client household up to $5,192.75

  • Five client household up to $6,023.59

  • Six client household up to $6,854.43

  • Seven client household up to $7,010.21

  • Eight or more? Call.


Please note that we DO NOT any COVID Emergency relief stimulus payments as income.

Eligibility Requirements for all Energy Programs

Clients must submit a completed application and other documentation to apply for benefits. Note that:

  • Applicant must be a citizen of the United States

  • Applicant must be a resident of the County in which they are applying for service.

Email: Amador                    Calaveras:              Tuolumne:

Sever Weather Energy Assistance & Transportation Services

Available 3/7/2023 - 3/22/2023
CSD has declared a local state of emergency due to the current severe weather, including sustained rain and/or heavy snow over the past week. According to the Office of Emergency Services (OES), the county has several residents that have not had power for several days due to the severe weather and several residents are impacted by heavy snow loads on roofs of their dwellings in addition to power outages. The ongoing storms expected over the next week and added snow loads are at risk of compromising these structures, particularly the most vulnerable structures, mobile homes. Assistance for qualifying residents may include:

- Utility Assistance (UA) and Wood, Propane and Oil (WPO) Assistance

- Temporary Housing Services

- Transportation Services

- Temporary Heating, Cooling and Power Appliances

- Other Personal Tangible Items

To learn more and how to qualify, please contact:

bottom of page